Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Apricot in little bowl

MINI I have this little pottery bowl that I love and I dropped an apricot inside and thought it should be painted. I liked the colour combination. But I think I'm done with apricots for a while now : ) I'm also feeling the need to paint something large again. I want to make big, expressive brush strokes. Hopefully I can get to that this week. I'll post it when I do. It's an interesting exercise: painting on everything from postage stamp-size canvasses to canvasses 3' x 4'. For years I was stuck in only a mid-sized range and I really enjoy the work that is coming from shifting gears. 2.25" x 3" / acrylic on canvas / $14 / SOLD

2 comments:

Shelly Sargent said...

I know what you mean Kim...

My first mural changed my life! Talk about making you look at things differently!

I'm loving your little "jewels", though...

Unknown said...

The colors and the little bowl just make this sweet. I have been taking pottery lessons for over a year now. I love pottery.