Saturday, September 26, 2009

Scarlet snaps

This is the one snapdragon left blooming in our garden. The colour and curving forms of the flowers intrigued me. I really like this piece today - fairly abstracted, lots of movement and I used some different colour combinations. One thing new for me was that I painted the ground in today's and yesterday's pieces in a violet hue. And does anyone else remember being fascinated with snapdragons when they were kids? When I was shown how the snapdragon could "bite" you, and leave a yellow mark - I thought it was the coolest flower going!
6" x 6" x 1.25" / acrylic on canvas / $65 / SOLD

6 comments:

Debra said...

It's beautiful Kim - love the colours!!!

Dawn said...

I think you are onto something here Kim! Very cool!

Shelly Sargent said...

I agree... I say we all do violet grounds from now on, lol! (Reminds me of Bobbie's ultramarine blue... eh? ROTFLMAO)

Kim Rempel said...

Yes! Who knew this was the secret? Why did I not figure it out earlier? Doh. Maybe Monday I will do an "Ode to Ultramarine" in honour of our aforementioned instructor : )

Anonymous said...

Kim, I love this one. The colours are just stunning! Very striking. - Elisabeth

Gabriela said...

Hello Kim,

Your paintings are fabulous!



~ Gabriela ~