Thursday, January 7, 2010

January clementines

This morning I met up with Patti Harris, assemblage and collage artist extraordinaire! I was picking up Pearl's Light and Pearl rocks! I just have to find her a place. Anyway, after that I went back to the studio and painted these oranges. Much, much tighter than I usually work...hmmm. I think I was trying to get my ellipses right and then had trouble painting loose strokes for fear of them getting wonky. Always more to learn : )
6" x 6" / oil on panel / $65 /

4 comments:

Dawn Sherman said...

I like it! It's so soft! : ) Nice colour too!

Janie B said...

I like it, too. And, I love clementines. Could eat them all day.

Unknown said...

Your ellipses aren´t so bad as you think. I had the same problem and I was dissapointed with damned ellipses. I found the solution: to do a lot of them. In any case you have very fine paintings so you shouldn´t worry about it.

Anonymous said...

Listen, I can't paint at all! They look wonderful. Thanks for the 'shout out!' patti