Friday, January 29, 2010

Magic in a vase - SOLD

I love painting flowers. I think of them like a bunch of miracles. Just think of what a seed looks like - a little speck of brown - or think of a bulb buried in the icy, frozen soil. And every spring, tender green shoots emerge and buds pop up and flourish into these intricate, luscious, delicate blooms (that showcase impressive patterns and intricate designs). Yes, I know I'm stating the obvious but sometimes I just think it's all magic : )
6" x 6" / oil on panel / $75

3 comments:

Tammy Hext said...

Great colour combination in this one - very striking!

Anonymous said...

What, you doubt the beauty of magic?
. . . Silly!
What else do you think it could be?
Of course it's magic!
And you replicated the outcome beautifully.
Well done girl!

Kerri Settle said...

This little guy makes me happy that spring isn't so far away! Really beautiful, and I love the perspective.