Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Canyon 2010, day one


This is a scene of the Grand Canyon from a camping trip my husband and dad went on last week. It is not my practice to paint from photos as I prefer the experience of plein air painting - and also the outcome. But in this case I am making an exception due to the fact that a) their stunning photos inspired me and b) it's not like plein air painting at the bottom of the canyon is going to be happening in the near future ; ) So here it goes. I think I will stick to it all week (there are only about 800 pictures to choose from ; )
6" x 8" / oil on panel / $75

4 comments:

Starr said...

lovely!

Kerri Settle said...

I love the way the eye moves through this one. I look forward to seeing more in the series!

Carole Baker said...

I hope to visit the canyon on our trip back to Alaska in April. I'm going to try harder to convince my husband we should go that way after seeing your beautiful paintings.

Anonymous said...

Wow!

E