Monday, September 27, 2010

"Strobilanthes in autumn" Kim Rempel - SOLD

I know...it's a mouthful. But I thought I'd give the proper plant name. The leaves are so striking. This is an annual (where I live) that I planted in spring and it's just beginning to fade. Love the purple.
This past weekend I was camping in New York and went to the Corning Museum of Glass. Have any of you been there? Wow! What gorgeous work. Glass-blowing demos were offered and it was fascinating to see a vase appear in minutes from a blob of hot glowing glass. It's something I'd love to try. Wishing everyone a good week ahead ; )
6" x 6" / oil on panel 

10 comments:

Virginia Floyd said...

Oh, yes, I know that plant. Didn't know the name, though. Here in Texas I grow coleus as an annual. It also has beautiful leaf colors. Right at the end of the season, it puts out a spike of small blue flowers.

Love the purples against your bright greens!

Rachel said...

The Corning Museum is wonderful! Our school growing up used to take trips there; especially when we had exchange students visiting. What a neat place. I love your painting and think it's great that you used the full name!

Elizabeth Seaver said...

Love the purples and greens, Kim!

LindaHunt said...

Very striking color. The green sings against the red violet leaves!

Shirley Marshall said...

Ah yes .... the colours are magic!

martinealison said...

Dame automne est arrivée et quelle belle peinture pour honorer celle-ci... j'aime ce jeu de mauve et de vert le tout illuminé de lumière... Bises

Crystal Cook said...

That is so gorgeous Kim. I love how you arranged the leaves and the great colors, and your brushstrokes. It's beautiful!

I hope you have a good week too!

Debbi Smith Rourke said...

Beautiful. Love these colors together. Aubergine almost. Clearly I didn't spell it correctly.

Layne Cook said...

This makes a very compelling pattern. It's interesting to see the thumbnails come up on the links; I can often tell right away whether or not I'm attracted to a painting. This one leaped out at me.

Denise SCARAMAI said...

I just love this painting, Kim!
what colors! beautiful foliage!
everything fits really well!
congrats!