Monday, January 24, 2011

Illustrations for a children's book

Today I'm home with a sick one : ( I didn't get to the studio to paint so I thought I'd pull something out of my old files that I hadn't shown before. YEARS ago (17 - hard to believe) I wrote a children's story and did some sample illustrations in hope of getting it published. Alas, there were no takers. All these years later though, with the advent of companies like Blurb, it is now feasible to print it myself. I think I'll have to make it a goal to do the rest of the illustrations and just go for it. Tammy Hext did a charming book last year. I ordered it and it's great : ) 

12 comments:

martinealison said...

Très jolies ces dessins pour enfants... Ne renoncez pas à vos rêves...
Bisous

Celeste Bergin said...

well, that snow storm is very cheerful and I wonder why those children are so sad in front of the mountains of spaghetti...do they have to eat it before they leave the table? lol...This is fun to see something from so long ago. Makes me feel like unearthing something from the past...makes for a very interesting post!

Anonymous said...

Looks Great !! Thanks for sharing your dreams.

Katie said...

I love your illustrations Kim! Great idea publishing a book yourself. Go for it!

Carol said...

I authored, illustrated, and published my own video, coloring book, and picture book. It has been a great learning process and finally have national distribution. You can do it and it gives you the control to do what you want. Good fortune!

Neiley Harris said...

These are great illustrations and I would definitely by the book! I hope you can squeeze it into your schedule this year. I made a blurb book, it is really fun and easy to do. You are guarenteed one sale already. :)

Mary Anne Cary said...

These are wonderful, Kim! Definitely go for it!!

Sandra Busby said...

These are just ADORABLE!!! You really should put yourself out there for this type of thing - You are a natural!!! I'm amazed!!!

suzanneberry said...

oh please do! i would love to see more of these charming illustrations. isn't blurb wonderful? great work kim!

Nicki said...

Theses are so fun and whimsical! And you were only 17! What? Your talent was strong and apparent even then. Thank you for sharing these images.

Nicki said...

Ha! I read that wrong.... 17 years AGO- gotcha! Well, I bet you actually were really talented when you were 17!

Anonymous said...

Excellent stories, keep them coming :) This is the 1st time i have commented, b¨´t i have been lurking for a while.