Thursday, February 24, 2011

Ready for action - SOLD

Ran across an old box of pastels in my studio. The colours were bright, interesting and it was kind of thrilling! I know that sounds dweebish to many but I think it's one of the perks of the job (smile, contented sigh). 
Note: this painting had been called: Creamy oil pastels. Could not think of an interesting title so I went for the obvious. I asked for snappier title suggestions and THANK YOU to Jill who came up with "Ready for Action" : )
6" x 6" / oil on panel / $75

11 comments:

Ruth Andre said...

I saw your recent post on Daily Painter Originals and wanted to comment on your lovely bouquet but when I saw these pastel sticks they made me go, WOW! Love this painting.

Linda Popple said...

Fantastic, Kim! Love the colors and your composition! Love this!!

Unknown said...

What a feast for the eyes!
This is so beautiful and I'm struck with the simplicity of the subject matter.

Amanda Jones said...

Beautiful Kim, the colours are so rich, lovely composition. Great job!

Ray said...

Acrylic pastels!

Page Pearson Railsback said...

LUSCIOUS..like this a lot

Mermaid's Palette said...

Beautiful! Love the colors, and really nice reflections!
Sheryl

Virginia Floyd said...

This has a wonderful quality. Wonderful colors, shine, and composition!

Mary Sheehan Winn said...

This is fabulous! Love the color and the structure.

Diane Hoeptner said...

Any post that mentions the word "dweebish" gets my vote... I do love the brilliant colors and shadows here though, seriously.

Karen Appleton said...

Wow! This is stunning! Love the colors and contrasts!