Thursday, March 31, 2011

Taxi Driver

So titled because that's what I was today! Schlepping people all over the place but that's the way some days are (and truthfully, I had fun ; ). I didn't have a chance to get to the studio and paint so I am posting this piece I did a few years back called Hills in May (18x24, acrylic).
This evening I had the pleasure of going to an opening of work by Carolyn Dover. Stunning! Please check out the link if you have time - you'll be glad you did : )
And, the last bit of news is that I'm very happy to announce that my painting Spencer Gorge (shown below) sold at the auction by Daily Paintworks for relief in Japan. It has found a home in the Netherlands ; ) A big thank you to the buyer. So far the auction has raised $23,498. Wow. Good job all you folks at Daily Paintworks : )

5 comments:

Rachel said...

I love your landscape from today. The colors are wonderful.

Barbara Muir said...

Congratulations and I like the connection between the landscape and being a taxi driver. Good for you on all counts.

XOBarbara

Crystal Cook said...

I love both of these Kim! I've missed you so much!! I've been looking back through the last few entries (I really love that coconut, and I LOVE popcorn that way too!!) and catching up with what you've been up to. I wish I could put into words what it is that compels me towards your paintings so much. I don't know what it is, but I know that I love them! :)

Nicki said...

Kim, congrats on the sale of this gem! I love the electricity of the reds/oranges; the compliment of the greens behind them are killer!

I enjoyed looking at Carolyn's website. Very unique! I enjoyed her compositions.

Hope you are well,
Nicki

Fay Akers said...

what an interesting way to title something. Nice painting