Monday, October 31, 2011

Work in progress

Today was studio day at Laurie Wonfor Nolan's. An extra treat on Halloween ; ) I began by painting over this piece I started a few years ago when I was in Arizona. My favourite part so far? The cloth on the left! So I had laid in the coral background just before I finished up for the day and it's not working yet. I need to do some compositional work on the left side of the piece, alter the colour and value etc... Still thinking about the colour for the back - maybe something much lighter/neutral? Anyway, just have to think on it for a while! I can feel it coming together!

3 comments:

Tina Concetta Revie said...

Thanks Kim for your kind words! I am so amazed at these transformation paintings that you have been working on. Such a great way to challenge yourself! Say Hi to Laurie for me!

martinealison said...

Demain sera un nouveau jour et un nouveau regard...
Le travail de votre linge rayé est beau...
Je reviens pour admirer l'évolution de votre travail...
Gros bisous

lcrempel said...

Love the saguaro in the paintings!