Wednesday, November 2, 2011

"Take a kid to work" day=CLEAN STUDIO!!

Today I had the good fortune of having one of my wonderful nephews come to my studio for "Take a kid to work" day. As I was pondering what we would do together a picture of my dreadfully messy studio popped into my head. *Bingo!* We would start the day with a clean-up followed by a reward of plein air painting in the afternoon. As we neared noon, Jake saw how much we still had to do and he kindly told me we didn't need to paint, we could continue cleaning. Seriously?
Awesome!
So clean we did. You may remember this picture I posted the other day:
First we cleared everything out, filling up another room.
Which then looked like this (and you're seeing the good side! lol):
Then, onto cleaning the floors. That's a serious shine!
Next we began hanging art. That took a looong time.
Jake had a great idea to hang my mini's in a gap between paintings. I love it! They look so cute there ; )
You can see baseboards!
And a clean floor ; )
Ta-da!! I can't tell you how good it feels to have so much of the art hanging instead of stacked in piles leaning against the walls.
And he even gave me flowers. A good day.
Thank you Jake for being so helpful! I REALLY appreciated it! Can you skip school tomorrow? ; )









8 comments:

martinealison said...

Vous avez un neveu extraordinaire... Tant d'enfants de son âge, déjà bouderait de passer son temps libre avec sa tante plutôt que de jouer avec ses camarades. Bravo et chapeau!
Vous avez fait à vous deux un excellent travail. Je vous félicite!
Dommage que le mien fut fait hier, autrement je vous embauchais!
Tout ton art accroché au mur apporte une grande âme à ton atelier et doit dégager une sensation de cocon ou de nid douillet où tu vas pouvoir nous pondre de nouvelles oeuvres extraordinaires.
Excuse-moi, de te tutoyer, je me sens plus à l'aise ainsi...
Gros bisous

Brad Miedema said...

Wow! I wish my workspace was as clean as yours! Your studio looks amazing and I love the big windows!

Barbara Muir said...

What a transformation. I liked it messy too, but is Jake up for a trip to Toronto and another messy studio that needs cleaning. How lovely.

What great work on the walls too.

XO Barbara

M R Anand said...

congrats on cleaning up your studio..it really looks wonderful now!

JanettMarie said...

Wow, you are a lucky painter to have such quality help!

Beautiful job Jake!

Wow!

Pam Holnback said...

Your studio is so inspiring. and, I'm thinking that I should do the same. If only Jake were closer!

Cynthia Schelzig said...

Heck,,,can he skip school next week and fly over here and help me do this too!!! What a big help he was...looks great with all that art on the walls.

Doug Steward Fine Art said...

I thought I had a great studio. Yours is WOW! Where is it? Looks like an industrial park space. Windows and light. Nice!