Saturday, December 17, 2011

The St. Nicholas Collection ~ No.5

St. Nick by Klee Wyck by Kim Rempel / acrylic on canvas
Hmm...if you're stuck on this one, a little googling might help, eh? Painting No.5 of 10. 
If you're new to this interactive exhibit/game I'm running, the blurb below explains it all. Join at any time!
This painting is from a series on how I imagined modern masters would have portrayed St. Nicholas had they been commissioned to paint his portrait. When I exhibit this series I run it as an interactive show. I have a sheet that people can fill out with the titles running down one side and the painters down another. Viewers are invited to guess which artist inspired each piece. One winner is drawn from all correct answers and they receive a gift ; ) If anyone is ever interested in showing it, email me and we'll set it up! I thought it would be fun to play online. This is the fifth of ten. The title holds a clue. You can answer back in the "Comments" section and I will draw one winner from everyone who correctly answers all ten. And I will send a gift, cause hey - it's a Christmas game! Feel free to tell your friends and have them play along!

Artists: Vincent vanGogh, Andy Warhol, Gustav Klimt, Marc Chagall, Emily Carr, Frieda Kahlo, Paul Gauguin, Jackson Pollock, Rene Magritte, Piet Mondrian

8 comments:

lcr said...

I think it's Emily Carr.

Nicki said...

I'm going with my gut... no Googling here... Emily Carr.

Virginia Floyd said...

This one I didn't know. I did have to google it.

CHRIS MURRAY said...

this is so awesome-I love Emily Carr with all her wild trees, totem poles and Canadian mountains.

Brenda L. Murray said...

emily carr. Gosh I'm slow! I'm gonna try to be the first tomorrow!
Cheers!

Fay Terry said...

I saw the exhibit about Emily Carr in Vancouver. I love her work!

Anonymous said...

Emily Carr

Barbara Muir said...

Emily Carr,
Freaky totum Santa. Once again she was rumoured to be a serious kind of girl, very spiritual. But this is a tribute, and she must have like Christmas. What's not to like?

XO Barbara