Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Newest work!

Here is my latest abstract (followed by 2 details). It's done! It's the one I began last week while being seduced by the creek with it's beautiful sky reflections and wild phlox. I've found I really have to free my mind and let myself go for these. With this one in particular (because it began as a landscape) I had to constantly tamp down that desire to paint flowers and trees.  I wanted to convey the feeling of water, petals and reflections without actually painting them, you know?
And there are still two spots left for this Friday's plein air workshop. If you're interested, you can call The Good Earth Thursday and register. You can read more about it here. Ciao!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

The first thing I felt with this was dancing. A free, loose, twirling dancer :).
Stay inspired!

Barbara Muir said...

Love how this combines the colours and structures of the past couple of weeks. Just superb. Love it.

It says spring to me.

Wonderful.

XO Barbara

claire christinel said...

Love this new direction you're taking Kim! The colours are beautiful, it's so soft and dreamy, like a field of flowers.

Brenda L. Murray said...

It's very beautiful, Kim. I'm very curious about the process for creating these. Look forward to chatting about it sometime.

Crystal Cook said...

This is so awesome Kim. I wish I knew more about abstracts, but I will say I love the color and the shapes. And that it reminds me a bit of squidward, but that could just be because I'm sitting on the couch next to my son watching spongebob while I type this. And I always thought squidward had a very nice shape too. Very designy. :)))

Carole Baker said...

Your abstracts are unique and beautiful. Its exciting to go in a new direction, isn't it.