Thursday, February 21, 2013

New landscape - work in progress

Here's what I've been working on the past couple of days. It's based on another picture I took in Northern Ontario. The goldish colour is the underpainting - it will basically disappear. I was asked why in the last painting of the woods, I painted the trees and branches before the sky. As you can see from this one, I do it a bit differently all the time! Generally I don't paint the sky completely across, and then trees on top because with the way I paint, I feel it would look like too much of a cut-out. I paint in sky around branches, and then go back to more brances and perhaps leaves on top, and then go back into the sky...a lot of back and forth. Thanks for asking and I hope it makes sense! ; )

1 comment:

Sandra Busby said...

Yes - that does make sense, thank you!
It's fascinating to see the way other people work :0)
Am looking forward to seeing this as it progresses too :0)