Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Reckless Blooms

Hi everyone : ) This is my newest painting: Reckless Blooms. Last year I read the most beautiful quote that stayed with me. And that was how I chose the title.
Everything is blooming most recklessly; if it were voices instead of colors, 
there would be an unbelievable shrieking into the heart of the night. 
~Rainer Maria Rilke, Letters of Rainer Maria Rilke
Last week was a rough one in the studio! Lots of painting and quiet swearing but nothing finished up to where I was ready to post. This week is feeling better, like I've got a bit of my mojo back.
Listening to: CBC Radio One (Yep. Talk, talk, talk :)
Drinking: Coffee (but only one cup on that I nursed for a couple of hours)
Watching: House of Cards. Not while I'm painting, but this is my new tv fix. Oh, Francis and Clarie. The diabolical things you dream up...
For purchasing information please see Saatchi Art.
20"x20"x1.75" / acrylic on gallery wrapped canvas

2 comments:

Sue Marrazzo Fine Art said...

Love the movement and your colors so much!!

Barbara Muir said...

Love this. I'm sorry you had a hard week. Wonderful work.

XOXOXO Barbara