Thursday, May 1, 2014

Good for the soul - SOLD

If you are new to my blog, you may wonder if you've got the right post : ).  For some time now I've been concentrating on abstract but I began as a plein air painter (painting the landscape outdoors) and then became a "daily painter" in 2009 (where I created small oil paintings daily and posted them to my blog) and for the past couple of years  I've been exploring abstract.
Due to an upcoming group order I had to build up my inventory of small works. So here is the first one of what will be a good month of daily painting. I enjoyed painting in this format again although the thinner smell got to me. Ick.
Happy Thursday!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I enjoy painting in smaller formats now and then. I love the loose brushstrokes in this one and the colors are divine! Look forward to seeing more of these! :)

Barbara Muir said...

So true. Flowers. Overjoyed to see they're coming back -- I think.
Love this.

XOXOXOXO Barbara