Tuesday, July 22, 2014

New works in progress

Yesterday I began a new landscape painting based on a photo by John Kingma, a friend of ours who was up north on vacation. It was a picture of a lake with lily pads and reflections. Now usually I work from life, and sometimes from my own photographs, but when I saw his picture with all that crazy stuff going on in the water I was dying to paint it. I asked and he said yes. Thanks John! So here is a picture of where I'm at. Early days but I can't wait to get back into the studio tomorrow!
Also, the other day I posted the very first strokes of a new abstract I'm working on. This is were it's at now. I still have loads of work to do. It looks crazy I know - a real mess of disjointed colour. But it will find its voice.


1 comment:

Sandra Busby said...

Ooh, this promises to be fabulous! I am really looking forward to seeing some more progress shots :0)