Sunday, August 24, 2014

New sketches and an East Coast surprise!

Hi folks! So the past week and a half I was camping in New England, hence no posting. It was really relaxing and although I did not bring my paints I brought my sketchbook and got a few good sketches in. Here are my three favourites. The first two are from one of our campground in New Hampshire and the third is from a beach in Cape Cod. As we were touring about I hopped on FB at a wifi hot spot and saw that Kelley MacDonald was having an Open Studio Tour. Well, as luck would have it, we were driving right by Rhode Island on the last day of her tour so my family and I stopped in and completely surprised her! And I even met little Paco (just as cute in person : ) Sadly I couldn't fit the huge gorgeous donut canvas (you see behind Kelley) in our camper : ) but I did come home with this little gem:
"Sweet Trio" by Kelley MacDonald
Now I'm all rested and ready to get back to work!



2 comments:

Sue Marrazzo Fine Art said...

too cool! NICE Post, too!!!!

Barbara Muir said...

How exciting. I just think it's one of the great pleasures of this blog world to get to meet fellow artists in person! The connection is already there. Love your sketches -- so good, and the painting you bought too.

XOXOXOXOXOXO Barbara